Pages

Monday, February 25, 2013

The Salad versus The Boy


In my continuing attempt to convert him to salads, I decided to try this wedge of lettuce.  It's the iceburg lettuce that I use for my breakfast salads, and I noticed how sweet and cool it tastes.  So, I surrounded it with some of his favorite vegetables and served it to him when he was hungry.

Of course, the first words out of his mouth were "I don't want that lettuce."  But, I told him it was sweet lettuce, to just try it.  He did and he liked it.

This was the largest dinner plate we own, so it's quite a bit of veggies.



This is what he returned to the kitchen...




I had to at least TRY with the bell pepper, but I knew it was a goner from the start.  After he ate his veggies, he got his treat - pizza on a whole wheat pita.  I used half pasta sauce and half my hidden veggie pasta sauce.  pasta sauce here



No comments:

Post a Comment