Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2012

Confetti Salad Topping



I saw these confetti salads online and decided to give them a try one day when we were out of fresh salad greens.   I roughly chopped the vegetables we had, put them in the food processor, and then processed them until they were very small chips.   Note: I have a cheap, small food processor, so I have to chop my veggies first.  With a larger, more powerful one, you probably won't have to do as much pre-chopping. 

For ingredients, you can add whatever you have around and whatever you like.    This is what we used this time, but the ingredients are never the same. 

Ingredients:

Tomatoes*
Cucumber
Bell Peppers*
Onion *
Carrots*
Cabbage
Green onion
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Seasoning - pepper, garlic powder, etc.   to taste

* I always include these basic ingredients





After processing:





This time, I served it on a bed of romaine lettuce and broccoli slaw.  The first time, we only had the slaw so we put it over that.  It's not necessary to put it on top of anything.   You can put your entire salad including greens in here.   Usually, I don't do that because I make enough for 2-3 days and the greens do not last that long.   Also, I like serving it on top of greens because it greatly reduces the need for salad dressing, especially if you season it well and use ripe onions or even fresh garlic in the confetti.   The tomatoes & cucumbers keep it moist which further helps avoid the salad dressing. 





The broccoli slaw - 

No comments:

Post a Comment